Location: Charlotte, NC
Chernoff Newman is a full-service agency specializing in integrated communications. We combine creativity with business know-how to deliver cross-channel solutions that are based on research and driven by results. Recognized as one of the top firms in the Southeast, Chernoff Newman operates in Columbia and Charleston, SC; Charlotte, NC and Orlando, FL.
The Creative Director (CD) is a dynamic agency leader who drives the creative vision across multiple teams to create and produce award-winning solutions for clients. CDs lead portfolios of client business, build and lead multidisciplinary teams, and routinely interact with key senior clients and stakeholders. The CD will be a senior leader at Chernoff Newman, responsible for elevating the work developed by the creative team while also integrating with our brand strategy, research, client engagement, interactive, channel strategy, PR and social media teams. The CD reports directly to the President of Advertising.
Our culture fosters an environment of curiosity, and everyone here is encouraged to dream big for our clients. Teamwork is a major part of our DNA, as we work cross-collaboratively by function and office. Strategy wins the day no matter what discipline we’re working in and we remain focused on innovative, original creative that drives a positive bottom line for our clients.
- Extensive team leadership and development experience
- 15+ years of experience in the agency or brand world
- Bachelor’s degree in related field: advertising, journalism, communication, marketing, design etc.
- A diverse portfolio that showcases a refined eye for strategy, design and copy across a variety of project types and mediums
- Demonstrable high-level skill within the Adobe Suite
- Extensive knowledge of UX/UI, interface design, digital and social platforms
- Inspire all levels of creative leadership within the agency
- Provide high-level concept guidance to optimize creative work
- Promote and facilitate a culture of collaboration between our team and our clients
- Present and deliver concepts and deliverables to existing and prospective clients
- Foster ongoing improvements in creative processes and methodologies
- Ensure creative objectives and approaches align with both agency and client goals
- Collaborate with the President on staffing plans and overall reporting structure for the team
- Conduct ongoing performance reviews of the team and provide team members with opportunities to grow and thrive creatively
- Drive Chernoff Newman’s brand presence through compelling marketing and storytelling across clients, partners, and professional networks
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams, including Client Engagement, PR, Interactive, Social Media and Channel Strategy
- Oversees the management, production, and execution of all Chernoff Newman opportunities
- Responsible for approving timelines, feedback, edits, and final work within the CN team, multiple inter-agency teams, and/or the client facing team.
- Manage P&L of creative team
- Excellent communicator, with command of visual and verbal brand development
- Exceptional design-thinking
- Thorough understanding of brand architecture, audience segmentation and systems
- Relentless work ethic
- Leads by example
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Successful leadership track record
- Ability to unify a team around a common goal
- Efficient problem solver
- Morale builder and influencer
The responsibilities are many, various and not limited to those listed above.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Matching Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Casual environment: Dress for the day
- MacBook Pro laptop
- Great work/life balance