Are you the next person to join our team?
Our media team is growing and we’re looking for a someone who likes to collaborate yet is able to work independently. At Chernoff Newman, we’re all about ideas and we like to explore creativity from every discipline. So if you’re drawn to the advertising and marketing world and specifically interested in media buying, then this is what you’ve been waiting for.
This position is perfect for a highly motivated media buyer that would work from our Columbia office. You’d be responsible for negotiation and placement of all media types and will also be involved in media research and strategic alignment of overall campaigns. Critical thinking and superior math skills are required, as well as an eagerness to take on responsibility and a competitive nature.
- Work with planners to make informed media recommendations
- Build and maintain strong relationships with media vendors
- Create and manage media buys from negotiation through placement, trafficking, optimization and post-buy analysis
- Present recommendations and reporting both internally and at times to clients
- Work with vendors and project managers to manage creative deadlines and ensure they are met
- Assist with management of vendor invoice approvals to ensure payments are made in a timely manner
- Help to train and manage media interns
- Setup and implement digital campaigns and prepare reports that including recommendations for optimizations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or related field
- 1+ year of experience in an office environment within advertising/marketing industry strongly preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Proficiency with Excel
- Capable of working independently and managing projects from start to finish
- Take initiative in acquiring new skills and taking on work load
- Must exhibit professionalism and confidence in working with vendors, team members and clients