Do you check your Twitter feed even before you get out of bed in the morning? Do you have pinned tabs in your web browser for dozens of blogs, newspapers and television stations? And do you have a passion for storytelling through these media and more? Then you might be a great fit for our social media team.
Our agency culture demands the following things:
- Being team-driven
- Thinking big
- Having business savvy
- A get it done attitude
- Showing pride in work
If this describes you, here are the nuts-and-bolts of the Public Relations/Social Media Specialist job:
General Requirements/Client Relations
- Development, support and execution of integrated communications strategies, including: public relations, social media, grassroots initiatives, marketing and digital experiences.
- Development of meaningful relationships with clients, to be recognized as a main point of contact.
- Cultivation and maintenance of strong contacts with media including traditional outlets and bloggers, to secure top placements for clients.
- Media inquiry response, cultivation of media lists, story pitching, editorial calendar opportunities, and other traditional public relations requirements.
- Ability to develop high-quality written materials to support media relations success.
- Creation of social media content and strategies.
- Actively manage, monitor, measure and report on social media channels for multiple clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of PR experience, ideally within an agency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Experience pitching media outlets and creating social media content for various projects and organizations
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms, including monitoring and management services like Sprout Social, CoSchedule and Sysomos.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to work on a team
- Self-motivated, proactive, strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed
We will assess qualified applicants based on experience, work samples, a personal interview and references. To apply, send us your resume with a cover letter.