Locations: Columbia, SC Charleston, SC Charlotte, NC
Our creative team is growing and we’re looking for a senior-level, multi-disciplined Senior Art Director to join our team. Overall, the Senior Art Director will provide leadership in areas of conceptual creative solutions, inspire clients and team members with great visual design and operate in a collaborative approach as part of a larger team. This role is responsible for concept and design for broadcast media, interactive, social and traditional advertising like print and direct mail, producing bold, strategic, persuasive ads across all mediums that meet the strategy and goals of our clients. The Senior Art Director must be able to conceptually deliver ideas while also work these ideas through layout and production. The Senior Art Director will work closely with the creative and account teams, reporting directly to the Creative Director and having numerous interactions with all members of the agency, including presenting and working directly with clients.
At Chernoff Newman, we’re all about ideas and we like to explore creativity in every discipline. So, if you’re drawn to the advertising and marketing world and specifically interested in art direction, then this is what you’ve been waiting for. Ideally, this individual will work from our Columbia office, but our Charlotte or Charleston offices may be considered for the right candidate.
- Develops concepts and/or storyboards, collaborating with Production as needed
- Lead client presentations with a demonstrated vision of how the work addresses a client challenge
- Possess a solid understanding of the science and market dynamics of assigned product(s)
- Interacts with Copywriters and FE Developers to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s).
- Works closely with account executives to schedule and monitor all projects
- Gives input to Traffic to generate a more accurate Key-Date Schedule after concepts are selected
- Provide detailed direction to designers
- Assist in the education and development of designers
- Responsible for giving and receiving approval for timelines, feedback, edits, and final work within the Chernoff Newman team, multiple inter-agency teams, and/or the client-facing team
- Bachelor’s in a related field: Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Fine Arts, Advertising or Visual Communications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud suite of products, ability to edit video a plus
- 8+ year of experience within an advertising agency setting
- Experience, talent, judgment and imagination for the creation of an advertisement
- Skilled in critique and criticism and be able to manage and supervise both art and copy
- Understanding of both the interactive and social media world of advertising
- Strong detail orientation and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work as a team player
- Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k match)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Paid Time Off
- Family Leave
- Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Increased responsibilities and direct reports as the Agency and its affiliates continue to grow.
- As a general guide, Senior Art Directors will be trained and developed to become an Associate Creative Director.
Here are a few ways we describe the people who fit into our agency culture:
- Curious – everyone here has the courage to wonder what’s next for our clients and our industry
- Team-driven – this is a true team environment where our clients are the most important member of the team
- Big thinkers – we are all makers, innovators and catalysts for change
- Business savvy – our focus is on strategic, original work that drives a positive bottom line for our clients
- Get it done attitude – we are client-focused, responsive and always thinking about measuring our results
- Pride in work – we do what we say to the best of our ability and we are always going for great