Others comment on public policy, which – honestly – we got quite bored of doing when we started shaping public policy oh-so-many years ago. Chernoff Newman is looking for a stellar professional to fill the role of Public Affairs Manager in our Columbia office. If your idea of good conversation is talking heads and you self-identify as a policy wonk, we already like you.
Chernoff Newman’s new Public Affairs Manager will have:
- A work ethic that takes fewer vacation days than Congress. Okay, many fewer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, political science or something else that reflects your devotion to solid communications and effective turns of phrase.
- A track record of experience in public affairs, government relations or politics.
- Three to five years of full-time professional experience.
- A gift for looking lots of projects and deadlines square in the eye and getting them to obey your will.
- The ability to stay cool, calm and collected in a crisis
- Presentation skills that will have heads nodding.
- An affinity for analytics.
If you’re the wonk for the job, send your resume and three to five writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.