Fresh on the Menu App
An app that allows users to locate nearby restaurants that serve Certified South Carolina Grown food took top honors at the 2014 American Advertising Federation Awards. Both the app – found at freshonthemenuapp.com – and the marketing campaign to support it were developed by Chernoff Newman, a full-service influential communications firm.
Chernoff Newman (@chernoffnewman) received a total of eight awards, including Best of Print and Best of Show “Fresh on the Menu.” The agency’s awards include:
- Fresh on the Menu Integrated Campaign for the SC Department of Agriculture “Best of Show”
- Fresh on the Menu Integrated Campaign for SC Department of Agriculture “Best of Print”
- Gold ADDY Award: Trident United Way “Links League Brochure”
- Gold ADDY Award: SC Department of Agriculture “Fresh on the Menu Integrated Campaign ”
- Gold ADDY Award: SC Department of Agriculture “Fresh on the Menu App”
- Silver ADDY Award: Salvation Army of the Midlands “Salvation Army Annual Report”
- Silver ADDY Award: SC Department of Agriculture “Fresh on the Menu Sales Kit”
- Silver ADDY Award: SC Department of Agriculture “Fresh on the Menu Print Campaign”
AAF of the Midlands, winner of the 2011 and 2013 AAF National Club of the Year Awards, holds the yearly competition as part of the American Advertising Federation’s American Advertising Awards, the largest advertising competition in the world. The awards represent the true spirit of creative excellence by recognizing all forms of advertising from media of all types, creative by all sizes and entrants of all levels from anywhere in the world. As a chapter of the national organization, AAF of the Midlands’ American Advertising Award winners will move on to compete at the district level and then in the national competition.
“Our talented and devoted team has had the privilege of working with many wonderful clients this year and it is such an honor to be recognized for the work we do on their behalf,” said Heather Price, Creative Director at Chernoff Newman. “We always look forward to the opportunity to connect people and brands with innovative and disruptive ideas.”
“App development is about understanding consumer journeys,” said Tye Price, Vice President and Marketing Strategist at Chernoff Newman. “Our clients benefit from Chernoff Newman’s comprehensive understanding of how consumers interact with the tools that are now a part of all our lives.”
“Our talented team continues to provide innovative solutions for where the consumer is and where the consumer is going. In this instance, we look forward to inspiring more people to seek out the restaurants participating in Fresh on the Menu and connect them with the Certified SC Grown brand of products,” Price said.