Twinkling lights are lining the streets. Wreaths are hanging at every turn. Holiday music is playing in the grocery store, mall and everywhere in between. The holiday season is finally here!
In the spirit of giving, we wanted to give some ideas to help those still searching for the perfect gift for family, friends or coworkers. While online retailers had a record-setting Thanksgiving weekend, we can’t forget about the local businesses that help drive our regional economy throughout the year. Especially those businesses we are fortunate enough to work with each day. So, get ready to take some notes on gift ideas for the foodie, adventurer and jet-setter in your life while learning a little bit more about some of our awesome clients in the Carolinas.
For your #FoodieFriend
1) The Nut House is a family business based in Ridge Spring, S.C., that specializes in pecans, gourmet pecan candy and pecan pies, among other tasty treats. Most of their trees are in the peak of their productive years, aka these might be some of the best tasting pecans they’ll ever eat. You can start shopping here, but we suggest you grab a snack before you do!
2) Another option to find amazing specialty foods for your favorite foodie is to explore Shop Local South Carolina’s website. It serves as a hub for a variety of products made in South Carolina. From chocolates and cookies to sauces and spices, you’ll be sure to find something for any taste palate.
3) Have a foodie in your life that can never pick a place to eat? Get them a gift card to your favorite Fresh on the Menu restaurant. Not only will they be ordering off a menu that is at least 25% Certified South Carolina produce or products, it means that they’ll be eating the freshest and tastiest food South Carolina has to offer.
5) Gifting your friends with a night out at Copper River Grill provides them the opportunity to enjoy delicious food in a comfortable environment reminiscent of an Alaskan mountain lodge. Conveniently, you can order a gift card online and have it mailed directly to your friends or family members for free!
For Those Who Prefer an Experience
6) A trip to the Riverbanks Zoo is a great way to spend the day with family, significant others or friends. Ranked as one of America’s best zoos, Riverbanks also has its own beautiful Botanical Garden, which boasts an impressive 70 acres of unparalleled beauty.
- Bonus: the zoo is currently hosting Lights Before Christmas, Columbia’s longest running holiday tradition, through December and also offers a unique Moonlight Zip experience year-round (upon request).
7) Tickets to the Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) would be the perfect gift for someone who is passionate about wildlife and nature. The three-day event features fine art, conservation education, sporting demonstrations and more. A reminder: this year’s SEWE will be held February 14-16 in Charleston, S.C.
8) If you have a golfer in your life, the gift of a trip to the town of Santee, S.C., will have them ready to pack up their clubs and hit the road. Santee is referred to as an “oasis of recreation” and has three golf courses you can get to in minutes: Lake Marion, Santee National and the Santee Cooper Country Club.
For the Jet-Setters
Chernoff Newman works with two international airports in the Carolinas you can plan your gift of travel through: Charleston International Airport (CHS) and Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT).
CHS is a boutique airport that connects passengers to nearly 30 destinations across the country. Plus, in 2019 they completed their first international, seasonal service with British Airways to London (LHR). Another accomplishment this year? The airport’s first lounge, The Club CHS, opened this fall and has been getting praise since its opening day.
- Bonus: day passes for The Club CHS are available online.
CLT is one of the top 10 busiest airports in the world and continues to undergo impressive renovations and expansions to elevate the passenger experience. This November, the airport completed a 51,000-square-foot expansion and introduced The Plaza, an inviting space to shop, dine and relax. CLT is a great airport to explore while waiting for a flight to one of their over 170 nonstop destinations.
Last-Minute Stocking Stuffers
Maybe you’ve already got your main gifts wrapped and all you need are a few stocking stuffers. Lottery tickets from the South Carolina Education Lottery are a fun and easy gift to fill up the stockings on your mantle (for those who are over 18 years of age, of course). If you need help finding where to buy tickets, you can search for retailers online.
And if you’re looking for even more gift ideas, we have plenty of boards filled with inspiration on our Pinterest that we’d love for you to explore. Happy holiday shopping!