Location: All Locations
The Chernoff Newman internship program aims to offer a well-rounded experience that includes a deep dive of agency life. Chernoff Newman’s interns do simply not fetch coffee or stuff envelopes, the agency’s interns are immersed in our account and client teams.
The program offers three internships each year in the fall, spring and summer semesters, aligning with the applicant’s school schedule.
The selected candidate can be based in one of the following offices: Charlotte, N.C., Charleston, S.C. or Columbia, S.C.
As a Public Relations/Social Media intern at Chernoff Newman, individuals will assist full-time employees in many ways including event planning, press release writing and distribution, social media writing, planning and analyzing, and other traditional public relations tasks that may arise while the intern is at the agency.
Responsibilities and work projects include:
- Assisting in coordination and implementation of various projects/client accounts
- Drafting social media content for client and agency accounts
- Providing research and data entry support
- Creating analytics reports for various departments including PR/social, paid media and web
- Assisting team members with account service tasks including writing conference reports and entering to-dos in project management database
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Existing knowledge of traditional social media platforms.
- Current enrollment in a related BS or BA
Applicants are expected to work 20 hours each week and are compensated $1,400 upon completion of the program.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Yarborough at Elizabeth.Yarborough@ChernoffNewman.com.